JOB TITLE: Accounting Clerk
REPORTS TO: Controller
The Accounting Clerk will gather data, calculate charges and fees, and create invoices for billing purposes.
- Captures information for job costing.
- Verifies accuracy of billing data, correcting any errors.
- Creates itemized statements, bills, invoices, and other necessary billing documents.
- Records amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Performs general bookkeeping work, which may include entering data and maintaining records, invoices, and supporting documents of amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Contacts customers to obtain, verify, and update account information when necessary.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Basic understanding of clerical and administrative procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or vocational school training in accounting, finance, or business preferred.
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience required.
- Construction/accounting billing preferred.
- Sage or other accounting software preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Peek Pavement Marking is an AA/EOE Employer