Job Description: Sr. Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Sr. Accounts Receivable Specialist will gather data, calculate charges and fees, and create invoices for billing purposes. This position will also collect on past due accounts, maintain detailed collection notes, investigate and resolve billing discrepancies, leads senior management in regular reviews of past due balances and makes recommendations regarding adjustments and write-offs.
• Captures information for job costing
• Verifies accuracy of billing data, correcting any errors
• Creates itemized statements, bills, invoices, and billing documents
• Records amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
• Contacts customers to obtain, verify, and update account information
• Compiles reports/summaries on daily activities.
• Records and posts daily cash receipts in A/R
• Maintaining accounts receivable files and records
• Producing monthly financial and management reports
• Investigating and resolving any irregularities or enquiries
• Performs other related duties, as assigned
• Proven accounting experience in accounts receivable and billing
• Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
• Aptitude for numbers with a mathematical background
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software
• Ability to prioritize and manage expectations
Education and Experience:
• Associate’s degree or vocational school training preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of accounts receivable and billing experience required.
• Construction billing preferred.
• Sage accounting software preferred.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at a time.
Peek Pavement Marking is an AA/EEO employer.
Job Type: Full-time