|JOB TITLE: Supply Chain Specialist DEPARTMENT: Prod Supply
REPORTS TO: Supply Chain Manager REVISION DATE: 08/20/20
The Supply Chain Specialist coordinates, organizes, and oversees all activities involved in the identification, acquisition, production, and distribution of the company’s goods.
- Collaborates with other departments to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in the warehouse.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Assesses the need for material-handling equipment; makes recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials.
- Assists with negotiating prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Assists with tracking Fleet maintenance schedules.
- Ability to travel to all site locations (up to 25%)
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of supply chain experience preferred.
- Ability to operate a Forklift (certification training provided)
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Peek is an AA/EOE Employer