The Sr. Payroll Specialist will gather and reconcile employee, payroll and benefits data, process weekly payroll, certified payrolls, and prepare monthly insurance payments.
• Enters, maintains and processes information in ADP and the Sage accounting system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding and other information
• Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, garnishments and other deductions
• Updates new hires, terminations and employee changes
• Processes 200+ Certified Job Reports each week
• Reconciles & prepares monthly insurance payments
• Maintains monthly tracking reports (headcount, turnover, etc.)
• Performs general bookkeeping work, which may include entering data and maintaining employee records.
• Contacts employees, vendors and others to obtain, verify, and update payroll or account information when necessary.
• Reviews expense reports
• Orders stationary and business cards
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Understanding of payroll and accounting principles
• Basic understanding of Davis-Bacon Act
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• High level of accuracy & attention to detail
• Able to analyze and understand data
• Critical thinking
• Problem solving
• Ability to work independently
• Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
Education and Experience:
• Associates or higher degree in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ payroll experience required.
• ADP Workforce Now experience required.
• Accounting software experience preferred.
• Construction industry experience preferred.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at a time.
Peek Pavement Marking is an EEO/AA employer